Are you worried about Critical Appraisal for the FRCEM? Does the difference between sensitivity and specificity make you sweat? Do statistics make your head spin?
Never fear, help is at hand!
The Critical Appraisal course is a one day course specifically designed to boost your chances at the FRCEM. We will give you tailored pre-course reading materials so the course is time efficient.
We will send the papers in advance so you can prepare properly. You will be given excellent course materials to take away with you.
Example Course Programme
- 9am Registration
- 9:15-45 Critical Appraisal The Basics
- 9:45-10:10 Statistics essentials
- 10:15 -10:45 Interventional Studies: Principles
- 10:50-11:30 Intervention Paper 1: Specimen
- 11:35-12:15 Intervention Paper 2: Specimen
- 12:20-13:00 LUNCH
- 13:00-13:30 Diagnostic Studies: Principles
- 13:35-14:00 Diagnostic Paper 1: Specimen
- 14:10-14:45 Diagnostic Paper 2: Specimen
- 14:45-15:00 Afternoon Tea
- 15:00-16:00 Exam Practice Practical
- 16:10 Exam Hints and Tips
- 16:30 CLOSE
It was a good base to practise on and a great starting point. I can focus my revision from here
Explanations given in the course helped me understand very well.
Useful to consolidate knowledge and point out important issues
Certainly feel my understanding has improved after attending this course.