Critical Appraisal course event details
Are you worried about Critical Appraisal for the FRCEM? Does the difference between sensitivity and specificity make you sweat? Do statistics make your head spin? This one day critical appraisal day course is specifically designed to boost your chances at the FRCEM.
We will give you tailored pre-course reading materials so the critial appraisal course is time efficient. We will send the papers in advance so you can prepare properly. You will be given excellent critical appraisal course materials to take away with you.
Date: Monday 10 February 2020.
Venue: Holiday Inn, Lakeview, Bridge Rd, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9PH
Example Critical Appraisal Course Programme:
- 9am Registration
- 9:15-45 The Basics
- 9:45-10:10 Statistics essentials
- 10:15 -10:45 Interventional Studies: Principles
- 10:50-11:30 Intervention Paper 1: Specimen Critical Appraisal
- 11:35-12:15 Intervention Paper 2: Specimen Critical Appraisal
- 12:20-13:00 LUNCH
- 13:00-13:30 Diagnostic Studies: Principles Critical Appraisal
- 13:35-14:00 Diagnostic Paper 1: Specimen Critical Appraisal
- 14:10-14:45 Diagnostic Paper 2: Specimen Critical Appraisal
- 14:45-15:00 Afternoon Tea
- 15:00-16:00 Exam Practice Practical
- 16:10 Exam Hints and Tips
- 16:30 CLOSE
Dr Adrian Boyle
Adrian Boyle is a Consultant Emergency Physician at Addenbrookes Hospital and a Honorary Visiting Senior Lecturer at Cambridge University. He has an Masters and Doctorate in Epidemiology from Cambridge University. He has been teaching critical appraisal for over 20 years. He was the RCEM learning lead author for the critical appraisal section. He is an associate editor of the Emergency Medicine Journal and the European Journal of Emergency Medicine
The cost for critical appraisal course is £175.00
This includes access to course lectures, refreshments and lunch.
Dr Adrian Boyle.