This one day Emergency Ultrasound Level 1 course based in Cambridge is aimed at doctors working in acute care setting. It addresses the knowledge and practical skills recommended by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine necessary to achieve Level 1 competency in the four core clinical applications of Emergency Ultrasound.
Date: 27th January 2020
Venue: Holiday Inn, Lakeview, Bridge Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9PH (Map)
Emergency Ultrasound Level 1 Course Overview
The course covers the essential components of ultrasound physics and good governance.
The course is ideal for Emergency Physicians, Acute Physicians and Critical Care Physicians.
This practical course is suitable for those new to the clinical applications of focused ultrasound as well as those with prior experience of ultrasound.
- Introduction to Emergency Ultrasound based on the RCEM curriculum
- Theory and practical sessions on E-FAST, Abdominal Aorta, ECHO in Life
- Support and Vascular Access scans
- Additional applications on Cardiac, Thoracic and IVC scanning
- Supervised hands on practice on live models and mannequins
The faculty consists of Emergency Medicine Consultants and Sonographers with over 10 years of Emergency Ultrasound experience between them.
The cost for this course is £285.
This includes access to course lectures, refreshments and lunch
Dr.Rajeev Madan, Emergency Medicine Consultant, Addenbrooke’s Hospital